"Keep calm!" Any quizmaster in the world has repeated this phrase endlessly to calm down his players contestants. But only here and now these words are spot on.
In the nerve-wracking game show Keep Calm!, contestants not only need to know a lot, they also have to calm their nerves down. Throughout the game, their stress levels are measured in real time: the calmer they keep, the more points they score.
After three rounds of classic trivia questions and three thrilling face-offs, one single contestant remains in the game. He must face the ultimate challenge, The Mindfuck. He is simultaneously given two questions: one question is uttered out loud while the other question appears on a screen.
Only by answering ten of those coupled questions correctly in one hundred seconds, the contestant wins the cash prize.
With its innovative way of measuring stress in real time and its unique combination of suspense, humour and knowledge, Keep Calm! is the first game show of the next generation.
- An impressive start of the first season with a 45% market share.
- This number exceeded the broadcaster’s average market share by 50%.
- Two episodes into the run, the second season was commissioned. A third one followed in 2018.
- Genre - Gameshow
- Original Premiere Year - 2015
- Original Broadcaster - Eén (BE)
- Production Company - Panenka (BE)
- Creators - Emmy® winners Bart Cannaerts and Tom Baetens (Benidorm Bastards, What If) and Rose d’or® winner Tom Lenaerts (The Mole)
- Timeslot - Primetime
- Length - One-hour episodes
- Seasons - 3 (third season was broadcast in 2018)
- Total episodes - 39