Since the summer of 2016 no one has come up with a valid reason not to stay home watching Adriaan Van den Hoof host Switch, the first quiz show in the world (we checked) without points.
The same five opponents battle each other over five daily episodes. During the game, their position indicates their ranking. At the end of every round, the contestant in the last place drops out. But no worries, if you leave on position 5 on Monday, you'll start Tuesday's episode off in first place. Correct answers move you up the ranking. The candidate who reaches that first place by the end of the episode, plays the thrilling final and had a chance to win the cash prize of 1000 euros.
The first season kicked off with a solid 32% market share in the first week, spectacularly growing over the last week to an average share of 41%. Three weeks into the first run, a second season was commissioned. A few years down the line, season 6 airs this summer.
Several options to other countries have been sold.
- Original broadcaster - VRT / Eén (Flemish Public Broadcaster)
- Length – 45 x 30 min
- First season – Summer 2016
- Second season – Summer 2017
- Third season – Summer 2018
- Fourth season – Summer 2019
- Fifth season – Summer 2020
- Sixth season – Summer 2021
- Awards: The Switch Game won 'best-mobile game' during the Belgian Game Awards 2019.
- Distribution by Lineup Industries